Pit Room Lead
The Pit Room Lead will work alongside the other pit room cooks and the pit master to create our mouth-watering smoked meats/bbq. This would include the following processes: breaking down, prepping, seasoning, and smoking the bbq items for Pica Rica, including brisket, ribs, turkey, pork shoulder, sausage, chicken wings, beef ribs, pork belly, and daily specials.
The pit room lead may also be asked to perform the required sanitation and kitchen cleaning to the standards of Pica Rica. In addition, the pit room lead must work diligently with the other cooks to ensure excellent food products and consistency of that product.
This position requires fire management and at least 1-2 years of cooking & barbecue knowledge, including bbq smoking, fire safety, and organization.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
• Prepares a variety of food items for smoking.
• Assumes 100% responsibility for the quality of products served.
• Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking
methods, quality standards, kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
• Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to ensure a smooth service period.
• Portions the food products before cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
• Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation area, including tables, shelves, grills, fryers, sauté burners, flat top range, and refrigeration equipment.
• Handles, stores, and rotates all products properly.
• Executes food prep assignments daily.
• Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations.
• Assists others in closing the kitchen.
• Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.