The line cook is responsible for the hot cooking line at Pica Rica. They prep, organize, set up, and cook items coming from the hotline on the Pica Rica menu. Therefore, the line cook must have excellent communication between the BBQ line, expo, and cashiers.
The line cook works with the general manager daily to prepare all sauces, stocks, sides, and garnishes used in the restaurant. The line cook also performs the required sanitation and kitchen cleaning to the standards of Pica Rica. In addition, the line cook must work diligently to ensure excellent food products and consistency of that product.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
• Prepares a variety of food items for cooking.
• Assumes 100% responsibility for the quality of products served.
• Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards, kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
• Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to ensure a smooth service period.
• Portions the food products before cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
• Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation area, including tables, shelves, grills, fryers, sauté burners, flat top range, and refrigeration equipment.
• Follows proper plate presentation and garnish setup for all dishes.
• Handles, stores, and rotates all products properly.
• Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
• Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations.
• Assists others in closing the kitchen.
• Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.